Nurses monitor each patient to make sure medicines are working and controlling symptoms appropriately. If a patient’s health status changes, the nurse contacts the doctor immediately.
Medication management services include:
- Assistance in developing a medication schedule.
- Review of medication regimen.
- Creating a complete list of the patient’s prescribed and over-the-counter medicines.
- Educating the patient and/or caregiver on proper dosage, frequency, and side effects.
- Evaluating response to medications and effectiveness.
- Communicating with patient’s doctor for optimum outcome.
Original Medicare covers 100 percent of the cost of services.