Medicare offers a variety of information about utilizing benefits through their program. Recently the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has created Medicare & Home Health 2014 booklet that is available for download by clicking the link. We encourage any person paying for Medicare benefits to educate themselves to the services they are eligible for in the home and what they might expect to pay for out-of-pocket. Home health care is a very effective way for seniors to receive a comprehensive plan of care in addition to faster recovery times. Please contact our office with any further questions you might have about home health benefits or any other services we might be of assistance with. At Love My Nurse Home Health Care Services we want to educate both the senior and physically disabled community about the services that are covered by their form of insurance. For more information about Medicare, Home Health Care Benefits, or covered services please contact Love My Nurse Home Health Care Services today and a homecare representative will be glad to provide clarity to any of your questions!
Monthly Archives: May 2014
Most of us as human beings share a common bond; the ability to not properly plan. We have the habit of getting busy while making excuses of why we cannot accomplish tasks in a predetermined amount of time. It causes great frustration in our lives but most importantly these errors can be extremely costly in nature. The inability to plan is caused by an individual thinking in nanoseconds or a very small span of time and never thinking of the future consequences these decisions have. Although very common, these choices can directly impact the quality of the way we live.
A reaction is the result of a problem being presented then leaving an individual no other choice than to make an instant decision. Most often a decision made from a reaction is the path of least resistance, the option that is easiest to initiate, and ultimately takes the least amount of time. When these kinds of decisions are forced upon us are necessarily the right ones to make? Given the specific circumstances they most likely are functional plans but realistically are not the best option available. What would those same set of circumstances look like if you would have had the opportunity to plan for them? Unfortunately not all of life’s major events you can plan for but your healthcare you do have some control over. Proactive healthcare or making future plans for your healthcare can have major positive impacts not only in your life but those around you. Benefits of proactive healthcare planning include cost/time savings, quality of care provided, and the choice of providers you select. Nobody ever plans for a catastrophic event to occur but if it does do you have a plan in place?
Proactive healthcare is a national trend that is growing on a daily basis. As the baby boomers begin to retire the number of people accessing the healthcare system is growing exponentially every day. A great way that individuals have been taking proactive healthcare measures is utilizing home health services. Home healthcare offers comprehensive healthcare that extends past the primary care physician. When dealing with a legitimate agency you will see benefits that extend past healthcare; family time will increase for those who have been caring for an individual along with restored since of hope. People generally have a misunderstanding about what home health is. At the most basic level home healthcare is a person or persons receiving additional assistance with any form of healthcare services within the home. This can be as simple as medication management which includes the organization of medications to skilled nursing services such as IV antibiotics or wound care. Home healthcare services have traditionally been initiated after a major surgery or visit to the hospital but the industry is evolving into something much greater. Home healthcare agencies now have the ability to treat conditions, diseases, or disabilities that previously only a facility setting would accommodate. Home healthcare is not only more accessible to people with the ability to provide services directly in the home but considerably more affordable. With home healthcare, you only pay for the services you receive and you do not pay for housing you do not.
With all those individuals who were previously uninsured that are now covered under a national plan who is going to take care of everybody? A national shortage of not only primary care physicians but all healthcare providers and facilities is inevitable. You might be able to find somebody to just “take care of you” but ultimately it will be secondary care at best. Quality providers are being booked months in advance leaving only those that will either take your insurance or whatever is left over. Having a plan in place in addition to an existing relationship with a quality provider will ensure that your needs are met well into the future. Long term care insurance is also another way people are preparing for the financial burden that healthcare can often cause. Insurance and Medicare does pay for some home health services but not all are covered so any additional coverage would be encouraged.
Many suggestions have been made but ultimately it is up to the person to take control of their healthcare situation. Whether you are young or old, good health or not, it is critical to take care of your body. Taking every necessary precaution to ensure your healthcare stays at the highest optimum level is the responsibility of every person who plans on aging well. It has been shared that having a proper healthcare plan in place can prove effective in managing your overall condition but every minute wasted is valuable time that you could have spent planning. At Love My Nurse Home Health Care Services we want to see all members of the community function at their highest level possible. We are here to help, assist, and provide the community with the best home health care possible in addition to providing community resources for those seeking additional help. Please contact our agency today to find out more about our senior homecare services, in-home therapy programs, or beauty services provided directly in the home. One of our homecare specialist will be able to provide answers to questions as well as coordinate any homecare service you may need!
At Love My Nurse Home Health Care Services we want to see all members of the community function at their highest level possible. We are here to help, assist, and provide the community with the best home health care possible in addition to providing community resources for those seeking additional help. Please contact our agency today to find out more about our senior homecare services, in-home therapy programs, or beauty services provided directly in the home. One of our homecare specialist will be able to provide answers to questions as well as coordinate any homecare service you may need!
Top 10 things you should know when looking for healthcare coverage
1. Know the provider: When making any decision it is always best to start a relationship with someone you can trust. Make sure you are doing business with a creditable source. Do some research online about policies available, coverage, and costs associated with care.
2. Know your needs: Make a list of current list medical complications or treatments you have experienced over the duration of your life. This list will help guide you as to what sort of coverage you require or help anticipate future needs. Age also will dictate the sort of coverage you will need as well; be sure coverage is adequate for future needs.
3. Do not be afraid to ask questions: Most people have a natural tendency to be scared of looking unknowledgeable about a subject. If you are unclear about anything regarding the information being explained to you about future coverage; do not hesitate to ask about something unclear. Take notes so you can later compare companies or coverage.
4. Shop Around: According to SNL Financial, the top 10 health insurance companies hold a combined 47.5% of the market share. A good consumer will always find the best price. With insurance that same philosophy should apply when looking for the best deal. Inquire from other friends, family, or relatives that may have similar policies and find out how much they spend. Most companies have online access that deliverer quotes in the same day.
5. Research you decision: Make sure you coverage is the best fit for you. Most policies have the ability to be canceled within a certain time frame. If you feel you have made a mistake, do not be afraid to find different coverage. Also, stay familiar with what is available on the marketplace. New coverage could become available and cheaper rates could apply.
6. Know what you are paying for: Find out all details associated with the cost of coverage. Do not be fooled just because you are paying more thinking your coverage is better. Compare rates and coverage from multiple providers.
7. Know your policy: Find out all details associated with the coverage in your policy. Ensure that proper hospitalization, long-term care, or immediate care costs are covered. Hidden costs are common with any form of insurance coverage so know exactly what is covered.
8. Stay in communication: Call your insurance agent on a regular basis to make sure no changes have been made and all contact information is accurate. If any address changes, phone numbers, or relevant information needing to be updated; let you agent know immediately.
9. Inquire about current and potential changes to policy: Policy changes can be frequent in the senior population so make sure you know what they are. Be sure to find out coverage limitations and spending limits.
10. Visit www.lovemynurse.com for any additional information you may require
Love My Nurse Home Health Care Services wants all seniors and those experiencing difficulty walking/standing to be as safe as possible. We provide education for all topics including information about Medicare, Home Health Care Benefits, or covered services. Please contact Love My Nurse Home Health Care Services today and a homecare representative will be glad to provide clarity to any of your questions!
Top 10 Ways to Avoid Falling
1. Wear proper shoes and socks: According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC) one in three seniors fall every year. Make sure you are wearing shoes/socks allowing movement of the feet and toes. Shoes should fit appropriately to the foot providing a smooth balanced surface to walk on.
2. Find your balance: Before you stand from a sitting position make sure you have proper footing before rising. Do not get too far away from the chair as you can always sit right back down instead of hitting the floor.
3. Remove unnecessary obstacles: Do not leave needless items lying around that could potential cause you to fall. Make sure hallways, bedrooms, and bathrooms are easy to navigate. Ensure pathways are properly lit at night for easy navigation along with assistive devices within reach.
4. Take medications correctly: Most medications have side effects that cause dizziness and/or drowsiness. Do not over or under medicate yourself as this can cause unwanted reactions including risks for a falls. Pay close attention to all warning labels printed on the side of prescription bottles and follow instructions given by pharmacist.
5. Use ramps and sidewalks: Most buildings provide easy access to enter or exit. Public places are required by law to provide ramps along with handicap accessible access to all areas including bathrooms. Do not be afraid to avoid stairs or escalators if you feel uncomfortable when an elevator is available.
6. Use a cane or walker: Equipment has become very affordable or may even be provided by your physician. Preventative maintenance measures can be the best way to avoid any serious problem. Check with you local pharmacy or equipment provider to see what will work best for you individual situation.
7. Have your eyes checked: Make regular optical appointments. If you wear glasses make sure your prescription is current and accurate. When you have the ability to see better you can avoid danger at a much higher success rate.
8. Have your hearing checked: Having the ability to hear is imperative with regards to any form of safety. Be sure you can hear any and all signs of danger or potential risks. Have regular scheduled appointments with your hearing specialist or if you wear hearing aides have them cleaned routinely.
9. Read safety signs: Safety signs are mandatory in buildings to provide visitors with information about wet areas, construction, and other various risks associated with maintenance being conducted. Pay attention to all posted signs and risks in any public place.
10. Visit www.lovemynurse.com for any additional information you may require.
This is a link to the best healthcare commercial ever… watch and learn how quality healthcare is interpreted. At Love My Nurse Home Health Care Services we want ALL individuals to be treated like people; not a diagnosis. We provide completely individualized patient plans of care including a comprehensive therapy team and beauty services available. Contact one of our homecare coordinators today and find out how Love My Nurse Home Health Care Services can help you too!
This is a commercial produced by the Cleveland Clinic that interviews patients who experienced a life changing experience… it will change the way you look at healthcare services. At Love My Nurse Home Health Care Services we understand the stress that is associated with the care of a loved one. Let the nursing team from our agency provide the same care you expect in the hospital, right in the comfort of your own home. We provide senior homecare services, in-home therapy, and a full service beauty salon to assist you with any need you have. Contact one of our homecare specialist today and find out how we can help you!!